Take the Power Back
Klyn Elsbury, Amazon bestselling author, motivational speaker, and trainer, was born with cystic fibrosis and told she wouldn’t live past the age of 14. At the age of 25 she was advised to make life-ending arrangements. Klyn decided she wanted to thrive and not just live so she went on a quest to fulfill her potential. Now she speaks to companies and helps businesspeople and entrepreneurs reach their full potential. In this interview Klyn talks about the nine patterns she discovered after interviewing many famous entrepreneurs as well as breakthroughs she has had with some of her clients.
This Sales Expert Interview covers:
Klyn’s journey and how she applied it to helping others
- Before writing her book, Klyn interviewed famous entrepreneurs and found 9 patterns. She talks about these patterns and how her struggles were similar to anyone else’s.
Helping people focus
- Klyn sees the problem people have today is not a lack of focus but a lack of prioritization.
- Don’t let a seeming mile long to do list bog you down or be an excuse for inaction. It can be helpful to break tasks down into sections.
- Prioritize the things that actually drive revenue.
The negative perception of sales
- Society and even salespeople themselves can sometimes have a very negative opinion of sales. If a salesperson doesn’t see it as a noble cause, they are probably going to struggle.
- Salespeople don’t invest enough in themselves. Stop pretending you aren’t a salesperson!
Teaching people how to be a shark
- Sometimes it takes tough love to snap people back to reality when facing adversity.
- If emotions aren’t serving you, it’s time to break that pattern.
John is the Amazon bestselling author of Winning the Battle for Sales: Lessons on Closing Every Deal from the World’s Greatest Military Victories and Social Upheaval: How to Win at Social Selling. A globally acknowledged Sales & Marketing thought leader, speaker, and strategist. He is CSMO at Pipeliner CRM. In his spare time, John is an avid Martial Artist.