A Targeted Approach and PHD (Pig Headed Determination)
Who wouldn’t be interested in the fastest, least expensive way to increase sales? At 24 years old Amanda Holmes became the CEO of her father’s legendary multi-million dollar company, Chet Holmes International, a company focused on helping small to medium sized businesses grow faster, better, and smarter. Amanda has learned from her father’s training developed from working with over 60 of the Fortune 500 companies and shares some of the strategies for success in this interview. Amanda also encourages salespeople to come from a place of service in a world where people have become so focused on themselves.
This Sales Expert Interview covers:
The best buyer strategy
- Amanda’s father came to this strategy by being very targeted in his approach – “the dream 100.”
- What were the lessons learned from not casting the widest net possible and how does Amanda continue to implement this?
The fear of such a focused approach
- It can feel safe marketing to large groups of people at one time. This way you feel like you don’t have as big of an opportunity cost. What are the benefits of targeted marketing?
The idea of stacked marketing with a core story
- Amanda evangelizes using many different forms of marketing with the same messaging.
The importance of sales process
- Some salespeople think sales is an art and shouldn’t be confined by processes.
- It’s often much easier when there is someone outside of ourselves guiding us to create these processes.
Virtual selling and the human element
- Our world is more digitally connected than ever, and face to face meetings are becoming less common. If you can mix in-person meetings with keeping in touch virtually through things like social media, you are at an advantage.
John is the Amazon bestselling author of Winning the Battle for Sales: Lessons on Closing Every Deal from the World’s Greatest Military Victories and Social Upheaval: How to Win at Social Selling. A globally acknowledged Sales & Marketing thought leader, speaker, and strategist. He is CSMO at Pipeliner CRM. In his spare time, John is an avid Martial Artist.