Conditioning Your Mind for Success
Melanie is a revenue strategist and business optimizer who helps leaders with the mindset, actions, and strategies to propel them to the next level of success. In this interview, she explains how a mind that is conditioned for success is the most powerful machine on the planet. We always have the choice to shatter old experiences and create new ones.
This Sales Expert Interview covers:
What does “stop being a bottleneck” mean?
- Entrepreneurs and leaders sometimes struggle with getting out of their old thinking to create new results.
- What you’re doing that used to work is not working anymore or continuing to have the same issues can be signs you’re being a bottleneck.
Break out of being a bottleneck
- Be open to outside help and new ideas.
- Make bold moves. Do something so far outside of your comfort zone.
- Set a goal and once you start taking steps you will gain momentum.
- Don’t worry about not knowing how and don’t try to do everything alone.
Collecting excuses vs successes
- If we get stuck on the reasons why it won’t work, it never will.
- We have access to more resources than ever. You just have to reach out and find the right thing for you.
- We must be very conscious of what we are feeding our minds because our inner dialogue is the fuel to take an action or hold ourselves back. Nobody can control our thoughts but us.
- No good comes out of comparing yourself to others in a negative way. Try to learn from others.
The imposter syndrome
- This is one of the biggest reasons people don’t go for something big. If you just do it, you’ll realize nobody knows it all.
John is the Amazon bestselling author of Winning the Battle for Sales: Lessons on Closing Every Deal from the World’s Greatest Military Victories and Social Upheaval: How to Win at Social Selling. A globally acknowledged Sales & Marketing thought leader, speaker, and strategist. He is CSMO at Pipeliner CRM. In his spare time, John is an avid Martial Artist.