Negative self-talk is something we all know too well. But all of the personal breakthroughs we’ve had have occurred when we quieted that inner voice telling us we couldn’t do it. What does it really mean to get out of your own head and your own way for ending self-sabotage?
Gary John Bishop, a New York Times Best Selling Author and motivational speaker, talks about how what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger and what it takes to really break out of the cycles we put ourselves in.
This Sales Expert Interview covers:
- Negative self talk
- Whether you realize it or not you are talking to yourself all day. But do you really understand where this comes from and more importantly WHY you talk negatively to yourself?
- The risks and benefits of not being yourself
- What happens when you or others around you do things that are uncharacteristic? What types of reactions do you get?
- Taking leaps of faith
- The greatest results in life are in an uncertain zone where you do the things that scare you. Challenge yourself to do things you DON’T think you can do.
- Personas in today’s world
- We are now in a time where people try to portray certain personas of themselves, especially on social media. What’s this all about?
- Who you surround yourself with
- We like to surround ourselves with people who share the same beliefs that we do. But if you’re truly trying to break out of a cycle, is it a good idea to turn to your friends for advice?
John is the Amazon bestselling author of Winning the Battle for Sales: Lessons on Closing Every Deal from the World’s Greatest Military Victories and Social Upheaval: How to Win at Social Selling. A globally acknowledged Sales & Marketing thought leader, speaker, and strategist. He is CSMO at Pipeliner CRM. In his spare time, John is an avid Martial Artist.