The CEO’s Top 4 Concerns About Sales
Many people seek to understand the roles of the salesperson and the sales manager, but it isn’t often that the role of a CEO is discussed. John Flannery discusses a CEO’s top four concerns about sales in this #SalesChat, hosted by John Golden and Martha Neumeister.
• The top concerns that a CEO has about the sales function, including that sales cannot keep up with corporate strategy, and that salespeople can’t discover and address the problems of the organization and take steps to fix those problems
• The rate of adoption of the corporate strategy, and ensuring it is clearly communicated throughout the entire organization
• Ensuring that sellers understand the goals the CEO has for the organization
• Creating a multi-touch approach of articulating company strategy multiple times in order to ensure it is adopted by the organization
• The concerns that CEO’s have about the message that salespeople are conveying to customers
• How to get individuals to understand the appropriate roles in the buying process
• Building a prospect profile to create targeted ideal markets
• Ensuring that salespeople properly communicate information about the product, and how it can solve problems, to the customer
• The four main concerns that CEO’s have: Are salespeople executing quickly enough? Are they diagnosing the problems and business issues? Can they tell the story? Are they calling high enough in the organization?
• How to manage upwards
John E. Flannery
John E. Flannery is President of Flannery Sales Systems. He has 30 years of sales, sales management, and business ownership experience, and a comprehensive understanding of how sales organizations run. John works with customers to develop revenue generation programs based around their sales process.
About Our Host
John is the Amazon bestselling author of Winning the Battle for Sales: Lessons on Closing Every Deal from the World’s Greatest Military Victories and Social Upheaval: How to Win at Social Selling. A globally acknowledged Sales & Marketing thought leader, speaker, and strategist. He is CSMO at Pipeliner CRM. In his spare time, John is an avid Martial Artist.
Martha is social media strategist, responsible for all social media platforms of Pipeliner CRM. She is a communication expert with social media affinity, which she has been focusing on throughout her professional career. She has a bachelor´s degree in Entrepreneurship & Management and a master´s degree in Online Marketing which supports her in her career as Social Media Strategist.
SalesChats is a fast-paced (no more than 30 minutes) multi-media series that provides leading strategies, tactics and thinking for sales professionals worldwide. It can be found on Twitter (#SalesChats), as a live Google+ Hangout, and as a podcast available on iTunes, SoundCloud and right here on SalesPOP! If you think you would make a great guest for #SalesChats, please contact co-host Martha Neumeister.
SalesChats is co-hosted by John Golden, CSMO Pipeliner CRM, and Martha Neumeister, Social Media Strategist Pipeliner CRM.