Empowering Your Employees
For over two decades Scott Greenberg has energized audiences with his presentations and workshops on leadership and coaching skills as well as mindset. Some of his clients include Nike and Allstate. He was an owner of two Edible Arrangement franchises in Los Angeles for ten years and won “Best Customer Service” and “Manager of the Year” out of more than 1000 locations worldwide. He’s even beat cancer! In this interview Scott talks about his presentation called The Coaching Cure that focuses on coaching employees, retaining them, and keeping them engaged.
This Sales Expert Interview covers:
Leadership and coaching
- In retail businesses, there is a high correlation between high sales, customer experience, and employee experience.
- Scott talks about the real essence of coaching and what most people do wrong.
- Leadership and coaching are ongoing and constant. Coaching and reviewing are two different things.
- Busyness is the enemy of leadership.
- Clarify your role and then start asking the right questions.
- People could be using the exact same systems but get different results. The primary difference is the ability to manage mindset and humanity.
- Emotions drive consumer and employee behavior.
- You definitely don’t want to micromanage your employees but you need to feed their fire so they don’t burn out.
Getting to the bottom of issues
- Scott developed a leadership and coaching model with a colleague to diagnose an employee’s skill set and mindset and then take action accordingly.
- The model diagnoses if a problem is due to what an employee knows (or doesn’t) or how they feel.
John is the Amazon bestselling author of Winning the Battle for Sales: Lessons on Closing Every Deal from the World’s Greatest Military Victories and Social Upheaval: How to Win at Social Selling. A globally acknowledged Sales & Marketing thought leader, speaker, and strategist. He is CSMO at Pipeliner CRM. In his spare time, John is an avid Martial Artist.