Bold Vision and Behavior in Sales
For over 25 years Andy Gole has helped CEOs, owners and corporate leaders throughout the US with sales performance and is the creator of the Urgency Based Selling System. He has a new book coming out this fall called Innovate Now: Scale Up with 16 Breakthrough Sales Techniques about how to innovate and become more creative in sales. He talks about the importance of a heroic mindset (with balance) and moral certainty. He also offers a mantra for salespeople who aren’t having a good day, week, quarter, etc.
This Sales Expert Interview covers:
Negative stereotype of salespeople
- Andy strives to turn this around in his new book. He says the true salesperson is a hero and shouldn’t carry negative baggage.
- Andy talks about the 4-way crusade.
- Opening the closed mind is the true goal in sales.
Changing your mindset – breakthrough sales techniques
- Having a model and building your skill set is important.
- Pick a company that values their salespeople and a product you believe in.
- Companies – are you supporting your worthy sales heroes?
- Self-respect and respect are two important factors in changing your mindset.
- A salesperson has to deal with a lot on a daily basis with rejection being the main thing.
- Andy came up with a formula to explain emotional intoxication that he provides.
- Everyone needs a way to clear their mind.
- Sometimes you have to move on instinct and not lay too much rationality on top of everything.
John is the Amazon bestselling author of Winning the Battle for Sales: Lessons on Closing Every Deal from the World’s Greatest Military Victories and Social Upheaval: How to Win at Social Selling. A globally acknowledged Sales & Marketing thought leader, speaker, and strategist. He is CSMO at Pipeliner CRM. In his spare time, John is an avid Martial Artist.