Many people want to start off the new year with a bang – whether it’s a pact to drink more water, get to the gym three times a week or even just to be kinder to themselves. This is the time of year that we’re all starting with a clean slate and we get the chance to reinvent ourselves.
We should really start our resolutions with prioritizing our MINDSETS and ATTITUDES before we can move on to lesser priorities.
I found a great list that I love from Sherrie Campbell, a writer for Entrepreneur Magazine, it’s simple and free for anyone to use! It’s a list of “10 Mindsets That Will Radically Improve Your Performance.”
Here’s the list:
- Choose courage over fear. Push yourself beyond what you think you’re capable of.
- Believe in yourself. Attitude is everything.
- Choose good company. Surround yourself with people smarter than yourself.
- Adopt self-chosen goals. Doing this will help you really achieve them.
- Have a purpose and a vision. Make your goals visual in order to really see them.
- Accept the challenge. Whatever the challenge is – accept it.
- Be discerning. Selectivity creates success. In order to succeed understand what needs to exist every step of the way.
- Be willing to take risks. You only regret the risks you don’t take.
- Do what you love. You won’t love every aspect but do love the big picture.
- Gratitude. Never lose sight of how lucky you are.
Start your 2016 off with a new attitude and watch your other resolutions fall into place with greater ease.