Creating High-Impact Sales Presentations
#SalesChats: Episode 26
Want to craft sales presentations that will help persuade prospects? The art of delivering high impact, effective sales presentations is vital. Julie Hansen discusses high impact sales presentations in this #SalesChat, hosted by John Golden and Martha Neumeister.
- The habits and tendency of salespeople including an overview of the organization and other introductory information in presentations, and why this is harmful considering the customer expectation that things should be customized
- How to start your presentation properly in a way that draws in the customer using a relevant, insightful, valuable introduction that sets a positive tone for the rest of the presentation
- Examples of good ways to start a presentation, including using a discovery or insight
- Use it, lose it, or react to it
- Techniques for keeping your audience engaged for the entire time you are presenting, including dividing your speech into chunks using time markers
- Ways to reengage the audience when they lose focus, and how to maintain confidence when people get distracted
- How technology has changed the way that presentations are done, and how to transition your skills to virtual presentations
- The importance of a “stage,” be it online presenting to a virtual audience, in a boardroom, or other settings
- Focus on the things that you can control, like how you present yourself and how you show up to a presentation
- How to gauge if a presentation is going well or not, including your audience asking the right questions at the right time and being engaged overall
Julie Hansen helps salespeople craft and deliver presentations and demonstrations that engage and persuade today’s busy decision-makers. Julie is the author of Sales Presentations for Dummies and ACT Like a Sales Pro! and the founder of Performance Sales and Training, offering sales presentation workshops, coaching and keynotes that combine today’s best practices with proven tactics from the world of performance for greater sales success.
John is the Amazon bestselling author of Winning the Battle for Sales: Lessons on Closing Every Deal from the World’s Greatest Military Victories and Social Upheaval: How to Win at Social Selling. A globally acknowledged Sales & Marketing thought leader, speaker, and strategist. He is CSMO at Pipeliner CRM. In his spare time, John is an avid Martial Artist.
Martha is social media strategist, responsible for all social media platforms of Pipeliner CRM. She is a communication expert with social media affinity, which she has been focusing on throughout her professional career. She has a bachelor´s degree in Entrepreneurship & Management and a master´s degree in Online Marketing which supports her in her career as Social Media Strategist.
SalesChats is a fast-paced (no more than 30 minutes) multi-media series that provides leading strategies, tactics and thinking for sales professionals worldwide. It can be found on Twitter (#SalesChats), as a live Google+ Hangout, and as a podcast available on iTunes, SoundCloud and right here on SalesPOP! If you think you would make a great guest for #SalesChats, please contact co-host Martha Neumeister.
SalesChats is co-hosted by John Golden, CSO Pipeliner CRM, and Martha Neumeister, Social Media Strategist Pipeliner CRM.