Improving Sales Effectiveness With Buyer Personas
#SalesChats Episode 10
Creating and utilizing buyer personas is one of the best ways to be more effective in the sales world. The power of buyer personas is in the ability to map efforts and engagement with customers directly, back to a deep understanding of what goals the customer is trying to accomplish, and what goal-directed behaviors they are utilizing in order to accomplish that particular goal. Tony Zambito talks about improving sales effectiveness with buyer personas in this #SalesChat, hosted by John Golden and Martha Neumeister.
- The differences between a target audience, which is more broad, and a buyer persona, which is more specific and tailored to specific industries and their individual needs and motivations
- Why many organizations neglect to understand their buyer’s persona
- The values that buyer personas bring to a day to day sales effort, including the ability to anticipate the activities buyers are likely to be engaged in
- How buyer personas are a goal driven process, and why this is helpful for salespeople to understand how to best serve their customers
- Who within the sales organization should be creating buyer personas
- How to avoid bias or predetermination within the buyer persona creation process
- Key questions to be asking when creating a buyer persona
- The importance of integrating emotional thinking when
- The biggest mistakes that are important to avoid when developing and utilizing buyer personas, including not doing adequate research and looking at buyer personas as a simply a profiling exercise
- Research, and its importance of having experts in qualitative research in creating buyer personas
- How buyer personas can be utilized by sales managers in sales coaching
Tony is a leading authority in buyer personas for B2B marketing. In 2002, Tony established the first buyer persona development methodology designed for B2B marketing and sales. Tony empowers Fortune 100 organizations with operationalizing buyer personas with deep customer insights.
John is the Amazon bestselling author of Winning the Battle for Sales: Lessons on Closing Every Deal from the World’s Greatest Military Victories and Social Upheaval: How to Win at Social Selling. A globally acknowledged Sales & Marketing thought leader, speaker, and strategist. He is CSMO at Pipeliner CRM. In his spare time, John is an avid Martial Artist.
Martha is social media strategist, responsible for all social media platforms of Pipeliner CRM. She is a communication expert with social media affinity, which she has been focusing on throughout her professional career. She has a bachelor´s degree in Entrepreneurship & Management and a master´s degree in Online Marketing which supports her in her career as Social Media Strategist.
SalesChats is a fast-paced (no more than 30 minutes) multi-media series that provides leading strategies, tactics and thinking for sales professionals worldwide. It can be found on Twitter (#SalesChats), as a live Google+ Hangout, and as a podcast available on iTunes, SoundCloud and right here on SalesPOP! If you think you would make a great guest for #SalesChats, please contact co-host Martha Neumeister.
SalesChats is co-hosted by John Golden, CSO Pipeliner CRM, and Martha Neumeister, Social Media Strategist Pipeliner CRM.