3 Next Generation Sales Traits to Earn SmallBiz Trust
#SalesChats Episode 6
Small to medium sized businesses (SMB) face many unique struggles in the sales world that larger business don’t have to overcome. This presents a frustrating, daunting task for business owners who want to increase their revenue, but juggle other tasks associated with running their business. Shawn Karol Sandy discusses next-generation sales traits in the small to medium size business market with John Golden and Martha Neumeister.
- Why salespeople have to wear so many hats, specifically in the SMB sphere
- How to build a strategy and increase revenue with a one or few person sales team, and no marketing team or sales manager and other employees to leverage
- How to manage change as a small business owner
- Characteristics of next-generation salespeople
- Building trust and credibility with consumers, and then transferring the rapport that you have built to others in the organization that can provide additional support
- The importance of sharing resources amongst departments and different employees in a smaller business
- How to sell what you are doing as a salesperson to the other people in your organization to ensure everyone is on board and unified in fulfilling the company objectives and presenting a cohesive front to the customer
- Building relationships built on trust, and what happens if you don’t build trust internally as a company, or with the buyer
- Empathy and emotional intelligence, and how to use these traits to your advantage
- The mistake of not speaking in terms of your buyer’s value currency
- Focusing on what’s in it for the customer
- How to self-promote and create a digital footprint that can help their buyer and show yourself as a credible salesperson
Shawn Karol Sandy
Shawn founded The Selling Agency after a successful sales career working on building solutions for Small Businesses. Shawn’s titles include: Market Director, Sales Director, Marketing Director, Development Director, and Entrepreneur. She focuses on organizational selling and strategies.
John is the Amazon bestselling author of Winning the Battle for Sales: Lessons on Closing Every Deal from the World’s Greatest Military Victories and Social Upheaval: How to Win at Social Selling. A globally acknowledged Sales & Marketing thought leader, speaker, and strategist. He is CSMO at Pipeliner CRM. In his spare time, John is an avid Martial Artist.
Martha is social media strategist, responsible for all social media platforms of Pipeliner CRM. She is a communication expert with social media affinity, which she has been focusing on throughout her professional career. She has a bachelor´s degree in Entrepreneurship & Management and a master´s degree in Online Marketing which supports her in her career as Social Media Strategist.
SalesChats is a fast-paced (no more than 30 minutes) multi-media series that provides leading strategies, tactics and thinking for sales professionals worldwide. It can be found on Twitter (#SalesChats), as a live Google+ Hangout, and as a podcast available on iTunes, SoundCloud and right here on SalesPOP! If you think you would make a great guest for #SalesChats, please contact co-host Martha Neumeister.
SalesChats is co-hosted by John Golden, CSO Pipeliner CRM, and Martha Neumeister, Social Media Strategist Pipeliner CRM.