Stop Selling & Start Leading
#SalesChats: Episode 44
“Stop selling, start leading,” doesn’t mean that salespeople should stop making sales. Rather, this technique is a way to generate more sales by replacing stereotypical sales behaviors with behaviors associated with good leadership. Deb Calvert discusses how to stop selling, and start leading in this #SalesChat, hosted by John Golden and Martha Neumeister.
• Why demonstrating leadership helps salespeople sell more
• Buyers like to follow leaders because they have confidence in the abilities of the salesperson to help them solve their problems
• Understanding what a buyer wants, including basic things like answer the questions in a timely manner in a way that’s relevant
• The importance of doing what you say you will do in order to prove yourself as trustworthy
• The five practices of exemplary leadership
• How to communicate like a leader, even across generations
• The importance of encouraging your buyer and recognizing the work that they are doing in the purchasing decision
• Key behaviors that salespeople should pay attention to in order to behave in a way that is more likable to sellers
• The importance of shifting from a diagnostic conversation to a dialogistic conversation
• Immediate steps to take to stop selling and start leading
Deb Calvert is one of Treeline’s “65 Most Influential Women in Business,” a Top 50 Sales Influencer, and a UC-Berkeley instructor. Deb founded The Sales Experts Channel and offers sales training, coaching and leadership development programs. She is certified as an executive and sales coach and is a Certified Master of The Leadership Challenge®. Her bestseller,DISCOVER Questions® Get You Connected”, was named by HubSpot as one of the “20 Most Highly Rated Sales Books of All Time.” Her new book, Stop Selling & Start Leading, is now available for pre-order.
John is the Amazon bestselling author of Winning the Battle for Sales: Lessons on Closing Every Deal from the World’s Greatest Military Victories and Social Upheaval: How to Win at Social Selling. A globally acknowledged Sales & Marketing thought leader, speaker, and strategist. He is CSMO at Pipeliner CRM. In his spare time, John is an avid Martial Artist.
Martha is social media strategist, responsible for all social media platforms of Pipeliner CRM. She is a communication expert with social media affinity, which she has been focusing on throughout her professional career. She has a bachelor´s degree in Entrepreneurship & Management and a master´s degree in Online Marketing which supports her in her career as Social Media Strategist.
SalesChats is a fast-paced (no more than 30 minutes) multi-media series that provides leading strategies, tactics and thinking for sales professionals worldwide. It can be found on Twitter (#SalesChats), as a live Google+ Hangout, and as a podcast available on iTunes, SoundCloud and right here on SalesPOP! If you think you would make a great guest for #SalesChats, please contact co-host Martha Neumeister.
SalesChats is co-hosted by John Golden, CSO Pipeliner CRM, and Martha Neumeister, Social Media Strategist Pipeliner CRM.