#SalesChats: Episode 30
Referral selling is the only business development strategy proven to turn prospects into clients more than 50% of the time. With success rates like this, you would think every salesperson would be utilizing this tool. Joanne Black discusses referral selling in this #SalesChat, hosted by John Golden and Martha Neumeister.
• What a true referral is, which includes an introduction and context for the introduction, as opposed to just a name on a list
• The way that technology has both helped and hurt lead generation
• The reasons why salespeople don’t utilize referral selling, including lack of a developed, strategic initiative program
• Recognizing the gap between what sales managers want their staff to do, and what their staff is actually doing, and then finding the best ways to close those gaps
• The strategy of referral selling, including setting goals, measuring referrals, and developing referral selling as a skill
• How to implement referral selling techniques
• The fear of rejection, how that holds salespeople back, and how to overcome that rejection
• Understanding metrics, and holding yourself accountable to the results
• Asking questions like, “who are one are two people you know that I should meet,” after clarifying the kind of person you want to meet, and the business reasons why
• Don’t assume that your client doesn’t have any connections or referrals. You won’t know until you ask, and more often than not you will get an introduction to someone in your target market
• Examples of where referral selling has worked well
is America’s leading authority on referral selling— the only business-development strategy proven to convert prospects into clients more than 50 percent of the time. As the founder of No More Cold Calling, Joanne helps salespeople, sales teams, and business owners transform the way they work. An engaging speaker and author of bestsellers No More Cold Calling and Pick Up the Damn Phone!, she shows readers how to leverage the power of referrals.
Links › nomorecoldcalling.com | twitter.com | linkedin.com
John is the Amazon bestselling author of Winning the Battle for Sales: Lessons on Closing Every Deal from the World’s Greatest Military Victories and Social Upheaval: How to Win at Social Selling. A globally acknowledged Sales & Marketing thought leader, speaker, and strategist. He is CSMO at Pipeliner CRM. In his spare time, John is an avid Martial Artist.
Martha is social media strategist, responsible for all social media platforms of Pipeliner CRM. She is a communication expert with social media affinity, which she has been focusing on throughout her professional career. She has a bachelor´s degree in Entrepreneurship & Management and a master´s degree in Online Marketing which supports her in her career as Social Media Strategist.
SalesChats is a fast-paced (no more than 30 minutes) multi-media series that provides leading strategies, tactics and thinking for sales professionals worldwide. It can be found on Twitter (#SalesChats), as a live Google+ Hangout, and as a podcast available on iTunes, SoundCloud and right here on SalesPOP! If you think you would make a great guest for #SalesChats, please contact co-host Martha Neumeister.
SalesChats is co-hosted by John Golden, CSO Pipeliner CRM, and Martha Neumeister, Social Media Strategist Pipeliner CRM.