The Evolution of the Buying Process
#SalesChats: Episode 32
The buying process of any sales organization is vital in order to ensure structure and consistency within a sales team, and allow for more calculated, strategic metrics to be analyzed. Christopher George discusses the buying process evolution in this #SalesChat, hosted by John Golden and Martha Neumeister.
• How the buying process has changed in recent years, and how these changes impact the way that salespeople sell.
• The current market is more complex and research driven, as opposed to being more transactional. This makes the sales cycle longer and more intricate
• Sales reps reactions to the changes in the market, including switching to be more specialized in one certain product area
• How salespeople can get involved in the buying process sooner
• The importance of networking and straight prospecting
• Recommendations for networking that aren’t based in social media
• How to get prospects engaged and interested so that you can work them through the buying process
• The importance of focusing on what is in it for the customer
• Technological solutions, how they tie into today’s sales process, and how to choose technology wisely
• Metrics and measurement tools to track the buying process, and how to use this information to create a more streamline system of selling
is Co-Founder and President at Bluewave Sales. He has a background in strategy and business development. Christopher focuses on opportunities with high potential for maximizing growth and long-term sustainability for customers and partners.
John is the Amazon bestselling author of Winning the Battle for Sales: Lessons on Closing Every Deal from the World’s Greatest Military Victories and Social Upheaval: How to Win at Social Selling. A globally acknowledged Sales & Marketing thought leader, speaker, and strategist. He is CSMO at Pipeliner CRM. In his spare time, John is an avid Martial Artist.
Martha is social media strategist, responsible for all social media platforms of Pipeliner CRM. She is a communication expert with social media affinity, which she has been focusing on throughout her professional career. She has a bachelor´s degree in Entrepreneurship & Management and a master´s degree in Online Marketing which supports her in her career as Social Media Strategist.
SalesChats is a fast-paced (no more than 30 minutes) multi-media series that provides leading strategies, tactics and thinking for sales professionals worldwide. It can be found on Twitter (#SalesChats), as a live Google+ Hangout, and as a podcast available on iTunes, SoundCloud and right here on SalesPOP! If you think you would make a great guest for #SalesChats, please contact co-host Martha Neumeister.
SalesChats is co-hosted by John Golden, CSO Pipeliner CRM, and Martha Neumeister, Social Media Strategist Pipeliner CRM.