Ways CEO’s Screw Up the Sales Function
#SalesChats: Episode 36
The salespeople and sales managers are the most talked about positions when it comes to sales functions. But, the CEO’s play a role too. Colleen Stanley discusses CEO’s and the sales function in this #SalesChat, hosted by John Golden and Martha Neumeister.
• Why leadership can have a negative impact on the sales organization
• The tendency of higher ups to think salespeople are born, and not made, which leads to an insufficient focus on training
• Sales teams should be collaborative, and foster a unified culture that scales an organization
• Creating a culture where emotional intelligence plays a significant part
• “Emotional contagion,” how the mood of a leader effects the mood of the sales team
• How all or nothing thinking can play a negative role in hiring
• The difference between genuine empathy and generic empathy, and the role that these play in leading and motivating salespeople
• The CEOs that don’t display emotional self awareness, and the impact that this has on the sales team and the organization as a whole
• Understanding things like: “how did I show up today?” “What triggers did I respond to that caused me to respond in a manner that I regret?” “Was I the trigger?”
• How senior leadership can empower sales management, so that sales management can empower the sales team
• The necessity for CEOs to provide training to sales managers
• Becoming a trusted advisor by creating a culture of learning
• Systemization, and coaching effectively using a structured system and sales playbook
is the author of Emotional Intelligence For Sales Success, now published in 6 languages, and Growing Great Sales Teams, an international sales keynote speaker and has been recognized as one of the Top 50 Sales Bloggers in the world for the last 3 years. She is the creator of the Ei Selling® System, a unique and powerful sales program that integrates emotional intelligence skills with consultative selling skills. Salesforce has named Colleen as one of the most influential sales figures of the 21st century.
Links › salesleadershipdevelopment.com | twitter.com | linkedin.com
John is the Amazon bestselling author of Winning the Battle for Sales: Lessons on Closing Every Deal from the World’s Greatest Military Victories and Social Upheaval: How to Win at Social Selling. A globally acknowledged Sales & Marketing thought leader, speaker, and strategist. He is CSMO at Pipeliner CRM. In his spare time, John is an avid Martial Artist.
Martha is social media strategist, responsible for all social media platforms of Pipeliner CRM. She is a communication expert with social media affinity, which she has been focusing on throughout her professional career. She has a bachelor´s degree in Entrepreneurship & Management and a master´s degree in Online Marketing which supports her in her career as Social Media Strategist.
SalesChats is a fast-paced (no more than 30 minutes) multi-media series that provides leading strategies, tactics and thinking for sales professionals worldwide. It can be found on Twitter (#SalesChats), as a live Google+ Hangout, and as a podcast available on iTunes, SoundCloud and right here on SalesPOP! If you think you would make a great guest for #SalesChats, please contact co-host Martha Neumeister.
SalesChats is co-hosted by John Golden, CSO Pipeliner CRM, and Martha Neumeister, Social Media Strategist Pipeliner CRM.