Change Management with Fast and Lasting Results
So many of us have such fast-paced personal lives and face change on a daily basis that when we come to work we want things to be as stable as possible. Predictability in business is actually rewarded most of the time. Jake Jacobs, an author, and leader of global consulting firm Real Time Strategic Change says that changeability is the greatest competitive advantage any business can have. In this interview, Jacobs discusses real results he has seen in working with large corporations on change management processes. He also explains his tagline, “fast and lasting results.”
This Sales Expert Interview covers:
What is real work in real time with real results?
- “Real work” and “change work” should be intermixed.
How to handle changing focus with a team
- People get emotionally invested in projects they have been working on for a while. So what if a new business need arises and you have to tell them to switch gears?
- Learn about finding a common preferred future.
People own what they help create
- When people feel like they are being involved in a process and have their voices heard, they are more likely to be on board with the goal.
- It may seem that getting too many people involved can lead to a stalemate where nothing can be decided. Jacobs talks about how a plan of action can be determined in this situation.
Keeping enthusiasm high at all stages
- Everyone seems so excited and energized at the start of a project but how do you keep that motivation and excitement up at all stages in a project?
Enabling managers to reinforce change
- Jacobs uses a Charlie Brown reference to explain how you need to set up your leaders for success.
John is the Amazon bestselling author of Winning the Battle for Sales: Lessons on Closing Every Deal from the World’s Greatest Military Victories and Social Upheaval: How to Win at Social Selling. A globally acknowledged Sales & Marketing thought leader, speaker, and strategist. He is CSMO at Pipeliner CRM. In his spare time, John is an avid Martial Artist.