During the last few years, people have shifted towards online shopping, which has led to some important changes in the ecommerce niche. Today, many business owners are focusing on the online sphere of their work and thus looking for new ways of attracting customers. That means the competition in the ecommerce niche has increased significantly – and if you want to stay successful, you need to rethink your strategies.
No matter your industry, if you’re selling any products or services online, you need to find a sound strategy that will drive your business growth, retain your existing customers, and attract new ones. Analyzing and innovating your sales funnel might be just the thing you are looking for – after all, that is the main thing that helps you understand your potential customers during each step of their purchasing journey.
Awareness, interest, decision, and actions – those are the basic steps every customer will go through when buying online. Below, we share several fresh ideas that will help you revamp the process and build a stable funnel.
Use SEO to Increase Awareness
The first thing every customer will likely do when looking for a product or service is to perform an online search. So if you want to boost your brand awareness and make sure that you’re the first web page your potential client visits – be the first on the SERP.
According to statistics, over 25% of web users click on the first organic result. After that, the number decreases significantly, with 15% clicking on #2 andon #3 – 11%.
Creating an effective SEO and/or SEM strategy can significantly increase the chances of your website catching the user’s eye. Here are several things that you need to focus on, among others:
- Increasing site speed;
- Optimizing your site for mobile phones;
- Creating high-quality organic content;
- Determining your backlinking strategy.
You might want to check out websites such as https://huskyhamster.com/cbd/zippy-pack to get your head around what it is about and consider getting a package to have other people work for your success.
Remember About Product Suggestions
Cross-selling is a technique of showing related products at all stages of the purchase process – and it’s often overlooked. However, if you want to boost your client’s interest and increase your revenue, this is one of the tips you should always remember.
When you use algorithms and artificial intelligence to show your customers products they might be interested in, you can significantly improve the average value of your orders. For example, did you know that Amazon gets 25% of its revenue from cross-selling? And you might achieve that too – for instance, with the help of these popular cross-selling techniques:
- Offering additional services;
- Providing complimentary items;
- Making data-driven suggestions;
- Sending automatic emails after the purchase and inviting customers to buy other products from you.
Integrate Social Media to Keep the Customer Interested
Giving customers a chance to connect with you is one of the best methods to increase their level of interest in your products. And today, there’s no better way to implement that tip than integrating social media into your website.
For example, add links to your Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter accounts to your “Contact” page – or add them to the site’s footer so that they show up on every single page. This way, they will be easy to find, and at the same time, they won’t disrupt the user experience. According to CellPhoneDeal 60% of people use social media to make a purchase, so it’s important to add and connect all your social media to your website. Visit the latest ecommerce statistics to learn more.
Don’t Neglect Customer Care
Regardless of what you sell and how easy the buying process on your website is, customers still might have questions that they will need answers to before completing their purchase. And no, a FAQ page won’t always be enough. If your customers are unable to get support, they might leave your website when a problem arises.
Take care of this in advance. Ensure that your support team provides the highest-quality services possible – and check in with your customers after the purchase to ensure that they had a pleasant experience. If something went wrong, make sure to fix that right away – for example, by offering discounts or bonuses.
Include Online Reviews to Your Website
When a customer is trying to make a decision whether to buy from you or not, your job is to show them the value of the product or services you offer – and the trustworthiness of your brand. Online reviews can be helpful, but only when done right. Below are a few suggestions you might want to implement:
- Include online reviews on your site;
- Provide a possibility to write written reviews along with a star system;
- Reply to valid complaints promptly and professionally;
- Make sure that reviews are honest and verified – for example, by providing information about which product the reviewer has purchased from you.
Improve the Buying Process
During the last action stage, you need to ensure that customers go through the purchasing process smoothly and quickly. Here are a few tips that will help you do that:
- Use predictive entry – save your customers’ precious time by allowing them to create an account that will fill in transactional fields such as shipping and billing addresses.
- Add a progress bar – it will keep your users up to speed. If you’re not using a one-page checkout, this feature is a must.
- Make sure your customers’ data is safe – and ensure that they know that. Add a security message at the footer – it will remain persistent throughout your site.
- Accept all forms of payment – you can easily lose customers just because they want to use PayPal instead of a credit card. Accepting all forms of cards and different digital wallets will facilitate each stage of the payment process.
Today, many online businesses are coming up with new ideas for attracting customers – and if you want to stay afloat, you need to compete with them. This means you need to innovate your sales funnel and integrate new features to improve user experience and allow for a more interesting and efficient buying process.
Using SEO, integrating social media, including online reviews, and even adding a progress bar at checkout can all increase your revenue and help you get more loyal customers. Choose the features that seem suitable for your business – and make sure that you’re a strong competitor in your niche.