How do you know if your customers discuss your brand on social media? If you’ve been tagged in your post, you’ll be notified. And what if you’re not tagged but mentioned? How can you track users’ interest in your company and find discussions with mentions of you? There is an effective method: social media monitoring tools! We will tell you how to use them, so you could choose the best service for your business.
Why do you need social media monitoring?
Reviewing social media discussions related to your brand is necessary to:
- provide feedback to your customers,
- provide users of your products or services with information and technical support,
- be able to measure your audience reach,
- monitor new brands.
Also, social networks in business are used to collect mentions and track keywords, hashtags, URLs important for your business.
- Buffer Reply
All social activity on one dashboard
Buffer Reply tracks discussions on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram. You get information about each customer and can give them personalized responses. You can insert emojis and gifs in the comments.
Supported platforms: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn.
- PRO: 1 profile, 1 user, 8 social media accounts – $35 per month;
- Premium: the same as in the previous rate, but with a much wider set of tools – $50 per month.
Effective tracking of topics from your business area
The Hootsuite platform is designed for social media management. If you choose one of the plans, you will have access to various useful tools, such as scheduling and analytics.
In Hootsuite, you can set up unlimited streams of content on social networks with mentions of your brand, favorite keywords, hashtags, or geolocations. Hootsuite integrates with apps that are relevant and useful for running a business. This makes working with social media even more efficient.
Supported platforms: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google+, blogs, forums, and more.
- Professional: 10 profiles, 1 user – $19 per month;
- Team: 20 profiles, 3 users – $99 per month;
- Business: 35 profiles, 5 users – $599 per month;
- Enterprise: custom pricing, customizable to the specific needs of your business. The price will depend on the feature set you choose.
There is a free mode, but with a limited set of tools.
Searching and analyzing social networks in real-time
Not to be confused with Mention, which we’ll talk about later. BrandMentions is a free search engine for social networks. It allows you to find web content by keyword phrases. With this service, you can find out what people say about your brand, services, or product and evaluate comments: negative, neutral, or positive. The search covers Twitter, YouTube, blogs, bookmarks, pictures.
Supported platforms: Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Google, and other websites.
Cost: from $99 per month. Free trial period.
Find out what people really say about your business
Agorapulse is an all-in-one social media management tool with scheduling, monitoring, and analytics features. The service collects all mentions of your business on social networks, and a tracking option allows you to search for keywords, URLs and handle Twitter. In Agorapulse, you can view comments on your Facebook and Instagram posts.
Supported platforms: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn.
- Free: 3 profiles for 1 user – $0 per month;
- Pro: 10 profiles for 2 users – $79 per month;
- Premium: 25 profiles for 4 users – $159 per month;
- Enterprise: 40+ profiles for 8+ users – price depends on the feature set you choose.
- Zoho Social
Social media management software for business development
Zoho Social is a social media dashboard where you can publish posts, track events, schedule, and analyze the performance of your social profiles. Zoho Social dashboard displays real-time information about how people interact with your brand.
It’s a great service for monitoring content with similar themes.
Supported platforms: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google+.
- Standard: 1 user, 7 channels for 1 brand – $10 per month;
- Professional: 1 user, 7 channels for 1 brand – $25 per month;
- Premium: 3 users, 8 channels for 1 brand – $37.5 per month;
- Agency: 5 users, 80 channels for 10 brands – $200 per month;
- Agency Plus: 5 users, 160 channels for 20 brands – $300 per month.
Prices are valid if you pay for a one-year period at once. There is a free trial version.
Smart social media monitoring for businesses of all sizes
Brand24 is a powerful, affordable tool for those who want to dive into monitoring the World Wide Web. Brand24 tracks mentions of your brand not only on social networks but also in blogs, forums, and other sites. The service analyzes the reach of your social media, allows you to monitor comments and quickly react to negative feedback from users.
Supported platforms: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, blogs, forums, and others.
- Plus: 5 users, 5 keywords to track, 5K monthly collected mentions – $49 per month;
- Premium: 10 users, 10 keywords, 100K mentions – $99 per month;
- Max: 99 users, 20 keywords, 250K mentions – $199 per month.
The service offers a two-week demo to test it out for free.
Easy social media monitoring
Mention is more than just a social media monitoring tool. It looks for brand mentions on other sites, such as Yelp, Booking.com, Tripadvisor, and Amazon. Mention allows you to get detailed information and reviews about a brand. When you connect your social media profiles to Mention, you can reply to messages directly from the service.
Supported platforms: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, blogs, forums, and more.
- Free: 1 user, 3 accounts, 1K mentions – free;
- Solo: 1 user, 5 accounts, 5K mentions – $29 per month;
- Pro: unlimited users, 10 accounts, 10K mentions – $99 per month;
- ProPlus: unlimited users, 15 accounts, 20K mentions – $199 per month;
- Company: unlimited users and accounts, 100K+ mentions – $450+ per month.
There is a free trial version.
- Sprout Social
Smart real-time monitoring of social networks
Sprout is a part of social media management software. Sprout Social has two separate functions: monitoring and managing social media content. Notifications of posts and mentions on the network come in the mail. You can find certain keywords on Twitter or Instagram (for example, when someone talks about your brand without mentioning your social media profile).
Supported platforms: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google+.
Cost (per user):
- Standard: 5 profiles – $99 per month;
- Professional: 10 profiles – $149 per month;
- Advanced: 10 profiles – $249 per month.
There is also a free trial version for 30 days.
Tracking hashtags on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook
Instead of searching for individual brand mentions, Keyhole analyzes the hashtags, keywords, and accounts you specify. You get important information: the best time to post, analytics on views, likes, and comments. This data allows you to make your posting more effective. If you want to test Keyhole, there’s a free period, so give it a try!
Supported platforms: Twitter, Instagram.
- Basic: $44 per month;
- Plus: $79 per month;
- Professional: $99 per month;
- Enterprise: cost upon request.
All plans have up to a 50% discount on a one-time payment for a one-year subscription.
Twitter’s most powerful tool for tracking, organizing, and interacting in real-time
TweetDeck is the official Twitter dashboard where you can monitor multiple Twitter accounts, track mentions, keywords, Twitter lists, and more. And it’s all for free!
Supported platforms: Twitter.
Managing Instagram and its analytics
Iconosquare is one of the most popular platforms for Instagram managing and analytics. It offers convenient analytics and management tools, as well as user accounts that can be used to monitor specific Instagram content.
Supported Platform: Instagram.
Cost (per account): Iconosquare allows you to choose the number of users and accounts you want. The cost of the service depends on it.
- Pro: from $39 to $972 per month;
- Advanced: from $79 to $1209 per month;
- Agency: by demand.
Annual fees are discounted by up to 25%.
Social media monitoring for Pinterest and Instagram
Tailwind is designed specifically for Pinterest and Instagram. In addition to scheduling and analytics features, Tailwind has the ability to track your competitors’ content. It provides information about new trends so you can use them to your advantage.
Supported platforms: Pinterest, Instagram.
- Pinterest Plus: $14.99 per month;
- Instagram Plus: $14.99 per month.
There is a $60 discount if you pay for one year at a time. There’s a trial period, unlimited in time. You can post 100 pins or 30 Instagram posts for free.
Take full advantage of social monitoring
Sendible is a social media management tool designed for agencies that manage multiple clients. In addition to scheduling and collaborating on social media content, you can respond to comments and posts from your inbox, track hashtags, keywords, and competitors on social media and the web.
Supported platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google My Business, blogs, and other sites.
- Starter: for 1 user – $29 per month;
- Traction: for 3 users – $99 per month;
- Growth: for 7 users – $199 per month;
- Large: for 12 users – $299/month.
All plans have a 14-day trial period. With an annual payment, the service gives you a 15% discount.
- Union Metrics
Social intelligence for marketing teams
Union Metrics is a social intelligence service that helps improve your social media promotion strategy. With its help, you can track and analyze posts, monitor competitors and trends, conduct research, and more.
Supported platforms: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr.
- Social Manager: 1 user, 1 topic, 3 profiles – $49 per month;
- Social Marketer: 1 user, 2 themes, 3 profiles – $99 per month;
- Marketing Team: 4 topics, 6 profiles, 5 users – $199 per month.
Be with those who are important to you
HubSpot is a comprehensive marketing automation software that includes everything from social media and emails to SEO and leads.
HubSpot integrates many components of marketing (e.g., customer relationship management and social media) and allows for better control of potential customers on social networks.
Supported platforms: Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, Google+, Xing, YouTube, blogging platform with RSS feed, Pinterest.
Cost: there are four rates, which differ in the set of functions and cost.
- Free – free;
- Starter – $50 a month;
- Professional – $890 a month;
- Enterprise – $3200 per month.
Real-time social intelligence
NUVI collects data from social media in real-time and displays it in visualizations that help you make decisions faster and more efficiently. Like most social platform management tools, NUVI allows you to publish and schedule posts, analyze online activity, and generate reports.
Supported platforms: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Reddit, blogs and RSS feeds.
Cost: individual rates. The price depends on the set of tools you choose.
Manage your brand
Falcon.io is a marketing platform that helps social media advertisers with audience management, content marketing, and customer interaction. The features of the service allow you to control your brand, stay on top of popular topics, and engage influencers.
Supported platforms: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google+, and YouTube.
- Essentials: 1 user, 5 channels – from $129 per month;
- Full Suite: 3+ users, unlimited channels – price upon request.
Quick work with social information
Talkwalker is one of the most powerful media monitoring tools available. It can monitor print, television, and radio broadcasts. Talkwalker has image recognition technology. It allows you to find social media posts for a brand or product even if it’s not mentioned in the headline.
Supported platforms: more than 10 media platforms, websites, and channels (TV and radio).
- Listening – $9,000 per year;
- Analytics – upon request;
- Research – upon request.