Without creativity and innovation, the world we live in would look a lot different. Have you ever taken a moment to consider how some of the most useful gadgets were created? One person, or a group of people, had an idea and put their creativity to use. It is creativity and innovation that is the foundation for all businesses today.
This expert sales interview explores:
- Creating a Creative Environment
- The Need for Change
- Unleashing Creativity and Innovation: Nine Lessons from Nature for Enterprise Growth and Career Success
Creating a Creative Environment
Creativity is unlocking a “how-to” problem. Creativity is simply put, the number of times people ask, “what if?” If you were to ask what the key to FedEx’s success, it is the “what if” culture. What if there were an express airline just for cargo? The nature of the mind is to think. If we can create the right conditions, we will be able to connect the dots and be able to solve problems based on our knowledge and experience.
The Need for Change
What keeps you awake at night? It is a known fact that you cannot continue to build a business unless you are constantly changing and growing with the times. There needs to be change. Of course, this is easier said than done, but whether it’s intellectually, or otherwise, there needs to be change. Change is hard because it is uncomfortable.
Unleashing Creativity and Innovation
Creativity and innovation are the keys to both organizational growth and successful careers. People understand this, but they do not know how to unleash their natural creative potential. Drawing upon his twenty-two years of first-hand experience helping FedEx grow into a global icon and the last ten years consulting around the world, Madan Birla provides proven and practical answers. Readers will learn
- How to build a reputation as a creative thinker and become management’s go-to person for innovative business solutions
- Four steps for unleashing their creative potential and generating creative ideas
- Four communication skills to gain acceptance of your ideas
- Two words that guarantee promotions
- How to minimize internal and external negative influences that obstruct creative energy flow
- How to stop self-censoring and how to confidently express their ideas
- How to trust that all the resources for germinating creative ideas are within them
To learn more about the customer experience, watch the entire expert sales interview. If you would like to read Madan’s book, it is available on Amazon.
About our Host
John is the Amazon bestselling author of Winning the Battle for Sales: Lessons on Closing Every Deal from the World’s Greatest Military Victories and Social Upheaval: How to Win at Social Selling. A globally acknowledged Sales & Marketing thought leader, speaker, and strategist. He is CSMO at Pipeliner CRM. In his spare time, John is an avid Martial Artist.