Your chances to successfully achieve your IT career goals largely depend on your ability to showcase your skills and meet the current industry standards. An IT certification is an element that’ll help you stand out among your colleagues. There are plenty of vendors out there that claim to offer the best certification, but a true key to success is to choose the one that suits you perfectly. Today, we will talk about one of the most influential vendors in the IT field – VMware. We will also take a look at some of the most popular credentials issued by this company. Read on to learn more!
VMware offers products and services that have had a major influence on fields like banking, healthcare, government, telecommunications, examsnap.com manufacturing, and transportation over the past few decades. Apart from VMware professional services, its education and certification program have earned global recognition. The VMware certification family covers a broad list of specializations including data center virtualization, network virtualization, cloud management and automation, desktop and mobility, and digital business transformation. Some of its most popular certifications are:
- VMware Certified Professional 6.5 – Data Center Virtualization
- VMware Certified Professional – Data Center Virtualization 2019
- VMware Certified Professional 2019 – Cloud management and Automation
- VMware Certified Associate – Digital Business Transformation
Now, let’s focus on the first two popular certifications offered by VMware and their details.
VCP 6.5-DCV or VMware Certified Professional 6.5 – Data Center Virtualization Certification
If you have no prior VCP certification and want to attain one of the most sought-after VMware credentials, then VCP 6.5-DCV is for you. This certification validates your ability to install, manage, and troubleshoot the infrastructure of vSphere V6.5. In order to get certified, you have to successfully clear two certification stages:
1. Pass one of the foundation-level exams. Depending on the version of the product you are working with, you can choose between the following options:
- 2V0-620 (vSphere 6, 65 questions, 115 minutes, $125)
- 2V0-602 (vSphere 6.5, 70 questions, 105 minutes, $125)
2. Pass professional-level exam 2V0-622 (vSphere 6.5, 70 questions, 105 minutes, $250).
During the exams, you need to demonstrate your skills and knowledge related to VMware vSphere environments, ESXi, vCenter Server, vSphere Networking, vSphere Storage, Virtual Machines, vApps, resource management, and many more. With the VCP 6.5-DCV certification, you will acquire a status of VMware Professional, which will open numerous working opportunities for you.
Another popular VMware certification is called VMware Certified Professional – Data Center Virtualization. This credential is an assessment of your ability to install, configure, scale, and manage vSphere V6.7. To get certified, first you need to pass 2V0-620 or 2V0-602 or 2V0-01.19 foundation exams and then clear one of the professional-level tests, 2V0-622 or 2V0-21.19. For more information, visit the official VMware website.
Why VMware certification Is So Popular
- VMware education services have reached a large international audience. Many professionals worldwide describe VMware credentials as high quality and beneficial for their career development.
- VMware certifications cover a wide range of fields and several levels of expertise. So, you are able to move step by step towards your dream career by attaining appropriate certifications.
- VMware offers world-class training programs. The company pays great attention to the aspects of practical training as well as a fundamental understanding of concepts. This ensures that a VMware certified professional is a valuable asset to the company.
- As a VMware certified individual, you are exposed to an exclusive community of VMware engineers, project managers, etc. Through this, you will be able to obtain a wealth of insights and expert opinions.
- VMware offers vendor-specific certifications. So, if you want to work with well-established VMware products and services such as vSphere, vCloud Suite, vSAN, NSX Cloud, etc., then a VMware certification is an excellent pick.
Exam preparation tips
1. VMware offers a wide range of resources such as live and online training, self-paced or classroom lectures. Some courses also give you the possibility to train in a lab environment. This can be great to put your knowledge into practice. You can also stay in touch with the latest IT news by accessing free webcasts published by VMware.
2. Refer to the official PDF exam guide for the test you are about to take. VMware exam guides include a detailed breakdown of the exam content and other specific information. Use this information to ensure that you cover all the essential topics during your training.
3. As with any competitive exam, practice always helps a great deal. Getting reliable practice material and productive tools is the way to go. You need to get some reliable and accurate practice questions to see whether you’ve missed anything important. Examsnap is a website recognized for its expert-tested questions and answers. Examsnap is an excellent source for verified VMware exam questions. What’s more, Examsnap offers practice questions in ETE format which allows you to simulate an actual exam environment. It’s invaluable for putting your strategies to test, analyzing strengths and weakness, and controlling anxiety during the exam.
4. Join online study groups and forums dedicated to VMware certification of your choice. These are communities built around certified experts and test takers, hence you’d be able to get in touch with leaders of the industry and peer professionals.
Top web resources for VMware certifications
- VMware Learning Zone – the best place to get subject-specific explanations. Here you can get a bunch of free videos and even more for paid subscriptions.
- VMware Technology Network – the official highly active forum dedicated to VMware products. Use it to stay updated on the latest changes and clear any doubts during the study.
A certification is a validation of your skills enabling you to grasp employment opportunities. VMware is a globally recognized vendor from which you can obtain certifications from various areas of expertise. From basic to expert level, VMware facilitates your journey to a successful career.