Telephone Combat Aid
#SalesChats: Episode 25
People have started to shy away from the telephone in favor of the more impersonal email and digital media. Edward van der Kleijn discusses telephone combat in this #SalesChat, hosted by John Golden and Martha Neumeister.
van der Kleijn explains:
- •How to handle salespeople’s objections to using the telephone, and where these objections come from
- Addressing the fears many salespeople have surrounding using the phone to make sales calls
- Owning yourself as a salesperson, being deliberately truthful about your role, and handling objections you might encounter to being a salesperson by owning it and sidestepping it
- Smart responses to common objections you might encounter over the phone, and how to prepare your responses so you’re ready when you inevitably encounter the objections
- How to proactively qualify a prospect and understand if they need or want what you are selling or providing
- Understanding your audience definition, and the importance of always qualifying, even if they are in your ideal target profile
- Attaching a value to yourself as a salesperson, and talking as equals instead of presenting yourself as a subservient
- The importance of the upfront contract, and getting agreement on what is going to happen next
- Using nonverbal communication to stage the process of selling
- The importance of establishing outcomes with the prospect
Edward van der Kleijn
Edward is a high-energy, high-intensity sales and marketing activation specialist using proven methods to generate 7-Figure sales results. Since the dawn of the modern computer age, Edward has been an avid follower and a trainer of office, CRM and marketing apps. He has embraced new technology and loves to keep himself up to date with the latest on sales training, social media marketing, marketing strategy and technology news.
John is the Amazon bestselling author of Winning the Battle for Sales: Lessons on Closing Every Deal from the World’s Greatest Military Victories and Social Upheaval: How to Win at Social Selling. A globally acknowledged Sales & Marketing thought leader, speaker, and strategist. He is CSMO at Pipeliner CRM. In his spare time, John is an avid Martial Artist.
Martha is social media strategist, responsible for all social media platforms of Pipeliner CRM. She is a communication expert with social media affinity, which she has been focusing on throughout her professional career. She has a bachelor´s degree in Entrepreneurship & Management and a master´s degree in Online Marketing which supports her in her career as Social Media Strategist.
SalesChats is a fast-paced (no more than 30 minutes) multi-media series that provides leading strategies, tactics and thinking for sales professionals worldwide. It can be found on Twitter (#SalesChats), as a live Google+ Hangout, and as a podcast available on iTunes, SoundCloud and right here on SalesPOP! If you think you would make a great guest for #SalesChats, please contact co-host Martha Neumeister.
SalesChats is co-hosted by John Golden, CSO Pipeliner CRM, and Martha Neumeister, Social Media Strategist Pipeliner CRM.