With a new blog post published every 0.5 seconds, and 600 million blogs on the Internet, the blogging space may seem overcrowded.
However, blogging is still one of the best ways to improve the overall visibility of your business and drive traffic to your website, so that you can acquire new, high-quality leads, which you can then convert to sales.
As a matter of fact, businesses that blog attract 55% more traffic to their website than those that don’t, and gather 97% more links pointing to their content.
Taking the time to blog and update your existing blogging strategy in 2020 will keep your digital marketing efforts fresh and effective, as well as bring you more sales opportunities.
Create Killer Content
Let’s begin with the basics – to attract new visitors to your website and convert them into paying, loyal customers, the content you post on your website needs to be superb. Not many of your prospects will be ready to purchase if your content isn’t relevant and credible – most of them will just churn, never to come back.
Here are a few tips for producing killer content:
- Tailor your content to your customers. Remember that every blog post should be tailored to address the needs of your potential customers, helping them solve some of their problems and challenges. To create this kind of content, you’ll need to build an ideal buyer persona, and include all the details you have on your customers, based on real data.
- You can hardly find a topic that hasn’t been covered yet. You can make your blog pieces original by approaching them from another angle or sharing your personal or professional experience.
- Use visuals. Make your article more aesthetically pleasing and easier to read by using visuals, such as infographics, images, graphs, and tables. This way, you can illustrate your crucial points while breaking down the text into smaller chunks, making it easier for the readers to consume and digest it easily.
- Trigger emotions. Try to make your content more engaging by adding emotional value to your prospects. The feelings your articles evoke should fall into the right place of the PAD (Pleasure-Arousal-Dominance) scale.
- Use long-form content. Both your readers and search engines will love and reward well-informed in-depth articles, so dedicate enough time and attention to include informative and detailed articles in your blog strategy.
To boost your traffic and increase your sales numbers, your articles should rank well in search engine queries.
This means that your blog posts should be easy to find by your potential customers when searching for the products and services in your niche.
Some of the most important things you should focus on if you want to improve your rankings are:
- Include well-researched, relevant keywords in your content
- Add links to websites that are credible and trustworthy
- Optimize URLs
- Use alt-text to describe your images
- Optimize meta descriptions
- Optimize your website for mobile devices
- Speed up your website.
If you’re not already familiar with SEO best practices, you can better understand the importance of optimizing your articles for search engines by checking out this Google SEO guide.
Additional Tips for Boosting Your Sales
There are a few more tricks that you can use to boost sales:
- Link to your product pages. Include internal links to the product pages in your articles, whenever it is appropriate. How-to posts and product comparisons are ideal for adding such links.
- Include blog content on your product pages. Add short extracts of your articles to the relevant product pages, and give your visitors more info about your product.
- Guest post on other relevant blogs and include a link to your product or any other page on your website.
- Use call-to-action buttons in the middle of your post or at the end of it to take your readers to a landing page with a relevant offer.
Capture Email Adresses
When your target audience visits and reads your blog posts, you should always try to capture their email addresses, and nurture them through the sales funnel using email marketing. For example, you can offer your visitors to sign up for a newsletter and notify them whenever there’s a post that they might be interested in.
A well-thought email strategy delivers fantastic results – for every dollar you invest in your email marketing, you can expect an average ROI of $42. By leveraging an AI-powered email automation tool, you can make sure your potential customers will receive only the content that might be relevant for them, thus increasing your odds for great sales results.
The tips above can help you create blog posts that will attract your potential customers and significantly increase your sales.