In business, and in life, you are your own worst enemy. When times get hard, you can either choose to give up and limit your success, or you can choose to push through the hard times and break down barriers. Limiting your success comes from within, and the obstacles in your life are only in the way if you let them be.
This expert sales interview explores:
- Three Levels of Business
The “Mastermind” comes from the book Think and Grow by Napoleon Hill. Basically, when two or more people come together, they become this super-mind, or mastermind. The idea is that small business owners come across things that they don’t know all the time and that’s happening more and more because of innovation happens so quickly. When you join together with other people, you get to learn everyone’s skill set and come up with a better idea than what you had on your own. This is one of the reasons that co-founders do so well – because they get to bounce ideas off each other and are able to shape a good idea into a great idea.
There are two sides of the coin:
- There are the experts that are stuck in a rut in delivering their ideas in just one format. For example, cooks just cook, trainers just train, etc. The idea is that innovation is all around them just running their own mastermind, downloading their own intellectual property, and teaching people their own shortcut.
- There are the entrepreneurs coming together in a mastermind to work towards an improvement in business. This means shining light on your own dark spots of what you don’t know, and allowing others to help you fill in the gaps, so that you can better understand where you should, or could be going and the possibilities.
Three Levels of Business
- Imitation – When you first start a business, there is a tendency to just copy someone else. You may be a copywriter and say to yourself, “okay – I’m just going to do what everyone else does.”
- Mastery – You think you’re really good at this and you’ve really honed your craft.
- Innovation – You know what you don’t know, so what else can you do?
To learn more about how to overcome self-limiting beliefs, watch the entire expert sales interview.
About our Host
John is the Amazon bestselling author of Winning the Battle for Sales: Lessons on Closing Every Deal from the World’s Greatest Military Victories and Social Upheaval: How to Win at Social Selling. A globally acknowledged Sales & Marketing thought leader, speaker, and strategist. He is CSMO at Pipeliner CRM. In his spare time, John is an avid Martial Artist.