Social Selling & Personal Brand Building
#SalesChats Episode 20
Part of being a salesperson in the technological era requires a personal brand, but many salespeople struggle to develop their online presence. This is detrimental, especially in this day and age when most competitors will have targeted personalized brands. Tracey McCormack explores building your personal brand in this #SalesChat, hosted by John Golden and Martha Neumeister.
- The connection between social selling and personal brand management
- Creating inbound lead generation through publishing content and maintaining their professional profiles
- The worthiness of personal branding, and the return on investment from using social platforms
- How important a personal brand is, and how it can both positively and negatively influence your success as a salesperson
- The ways that building a reputation has changed in the technological era, and how your online presence plays a major role in disseminating your reputation
- How to overcome hesitancy towards building a personal brand
- The best ways to get started and practice using social media tools to highlight your personal brand
- How to get inspired to write content that adds value, and draws consumers in
- Doing your own PR and micro-marketing by going to conferences, doing facebook live videos, and other things to build your brand
- How to utilize the marketing team to micro-market as a salesperson
- Key things to include in your online profile and integrate into your personal brand
- The minimum dedication required to be successful at brand building, and the suggested time allotted for such activities
- Balancing time between brand building activities and the other sales requirements
Tracey McCormack is the Founder and President of McCormack Media Services, a modern media training consultancy. McCormack Media Services empowers your team to own the future with completely customized training programs that are uniquely tailored to the needs of your business.
John is the Amazon bestselling author of Winning the Battle for Sales: Lessons on Closing Every Deal from the World’s Greatest Military Victories and Social Upheaval: How to Win at Social Selling. A globally acknowledged Sales & Marketing thought leader, speaker, and strategist. He is CSMO at Pipeliner CRM. In his spare time, John is an avid Martial Artist.
Martha is social media strategist, responsible for all social media platforms of Pipeliner CRM. She is a communication expert with social media affinity, which she has been focusing on throughout her professional career. She has a bachelor´s degree in Entrepreneurship & Management and a master´s degree in Online Marketing which supports her in her career as Social Media Strategist.
SalesChats is a fast-paced (no more than 30 minutes) multi-media series that provides leading strategies, tactics and thinking for sales professionals worldwide. It can be found on Twitter (#SalesChats), as a live Google+ Hangout, and as a podcast available on iTunes, SoundCloud and right here on SalesPOP! If you think you would make a great guest for #SalesChats, please contact co-host Martha Neumeister.
SalesChats is co-hosted by John Golden, CSO Pipeliner CRM, and Martha Neumeister, Social Media Strategist Pipeliner CRM.