- This event has passed.
Fraud Prevention Skills: A Six-Step System
Mar 20, 2019 / 9:00 am / $39.00
Wednesday, March 20, 2019
NOON Eastern (10 AM Mountain / 9 AM Pacific)
2.0 Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits in Accounting
The goals of anti-fraud skills are prevention and immediate detection. While no anti-fraud system is foolproof, the six ideas in this program are critical for managing your fraud risks. And the more of them you apply in your organization, the greater your chance of success.
Based on over 40 years of Fraud Risk Management experience, this program is short on theory and long on practical ‘How-To’ instructions on what you should do and what gets on the way of effective Anti-Fraud Campaigns. You’ll benefit by building a stronger defense against the risks of wrongdoing, misconduct, theft and outright fraud – and you’ll be able to apply the ideas right away with minimal cost and maximum effect.
In this program, we’ll:
- Explore the 6 critical components of an Anti-Fraud Campaign
- Recognize what Leaders at all levels must do – and not do
- Identify how to efficiently conduct and document a Fraud Risk Assessment – and why it’s so important
- Discover the anti-fraud infrastructure components you must have in place
- Explore Anti-Fraud Hard Controls – policies, procedures and other defenses
- Discover Anti-Fraud Soft Controls – why the humans in the equation must buy-in to your anti-fraud program and what they have to do every day
- Identify how to provide staff with cost-effective anti-fraud training that sticks
- Recognize how to better manage special challenges from third-party relationships, controls breakdown, and limited time
- Discover how to use “How Do I Know?” while approving transactions
CPE Credits: 2.0
Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based (On-Line Education Webinar)
Advance Preparation: None
Program Level: Basic
NASBA Field of Study: Accounting